Do you have a Spotify gift card that you need to redeem? Great! Spotify Premium provides a great service, so it’s a real treat to have access to it. The assumption, of course, is that you’ll be using the gift card to access US Spotify, which is known to have the best content; however, it was designed to cater exclusively to those in the country. The easy solution to getting access to it outside the US is to use a VPN service.
To redeem a Spotify gift card is quite easy. There’s only one set of steps since you can’t redeem gift codes on the mobile app. You’ll have to go through a browser and log into Spotify from there, after which you redeem your code exactly as you would on a desktop, but there are special instances that require a few extra steps to the process. For instance, as mentioned above, those outside the US should make sure that they switched on their VPN before attempting redemption.
So, how do you redeem a Spotify gift card? First things first: Turn on your computer and connect to the Internet. After that, do the following:
- Log into your correct account, or if you’re a completely new to it, create an account. Obviously, you can use a gift card to renew an existing subscription.
- Once you’re in, click your username in the top right corner and click “Account.”
- Check out the menu on the left and scroll down until your get to “Redeem.” Click it.
- Enter the gift code (this would have been emailed to you by the online digital cards retailer like MyGiftCardSupply).
- If you are asked for a zip code, you can enter 90210, or you might need to find what city you are using on your account (or the city of the IP you are using if you are on VPN, then google what zip codes are in that city.
- Start streaming music.
There are some reminders to note:
- If you are receiving an error about a non-activated code, please make sure you are using the proper code on the card. A lot of times it’s easy to mix the letter O and the number 0. They look very similar on the card, so try switching them out.
- It’s a good idea to activate the gift card within 12 months of its purchase date. Spotify can be a little finicky.
- If you have multiple accounts, make sure that you redeem it in the correct one.
- You cannot use gift codes in conjunction with other discounts and promos such as Premium for Family.