Gift giving has gone digital. Thank goodness for that because now you practically do not have to step out of your home to get everyone you love what he or she wants. This means the end of stress over rush hour traffic, holiday shopping and waiting in line.
With an iTunes gift card, there is the added appeal of choosing the perfect book, movie, music, app and TV show. This is why the popular gift card is also in your own wish list.
Of course, there are times when you will run into some issues with the gift card. Whether you’re giving or receiving, you may want to turn to the iTunes gift card help page for step-by-step guidance on any number of concerns.
Here are just some of the most common issues.
You cannot redeem your iTunes gift card or code.
You cannot redeem the gift card because the card or the code might be invalid; that the card or the code is inactive, or that the card or code is from a different country.
If it’s invalid:
- Make sure that it’s an iTunes gift card and not an Apple Store gift card, as the two are different, then
- Enter your code manually, or in some countries, the code can be entered with the camera on the iPod, iPhone, iPod Touch or Mac. If the redemption code on the back of the card has a black focus box, then you can use your camera to redeem it.
If it’s inactive, it might not have been properly activated. Return to the retailer and they will resolve the issue for you. If the gift card has been purchased from a different country, you need to redeem it with that specific country.
If you’re still having problems with redemption, be prepared to provide the iTunes Support team with:
- An image of card, front and back;
- The sales receipt with the date of the purchase, and
- The serial number on your gift card.
Your recipient already has an iTunes gift card.
You have the option to send an amount or an item to that person. Depending on the device, choosing an amount is an item. For the amount or the item, open your iTunes, App Store, or iBooks and choose accordingly. Click your preferred amount or gift. Enter the recipient’s email and add a message. You can send the gift now or later.